We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care at our office, we leave nothing to chance as it relates to your safety and the safety of our team members,
With the emergence of the Omicron Variant and the uptick in Covid-19 infection, I would like to take a few minutes to share with you the upgraded infection control procedures we follow in our practice to help keep our patients and team members safe:
- Our office communicates with every patient prior to each appointment to screen for Covid-19.
- Every patient is asked those same screening questions again before entering the office
- If any patient displays any symptoms of Covid-19 or reports a positive Covid-19 test result, they are rescheduled until after a negative test
- We are taking every patient’s temperature before entering the building
- Every patient is asked to wear a face mask before entering the office. If they don’t have one, we will provide one for them
- We have hand sanitizer that we ask every patient to use before entering the office.
- Every patient will also be asked to wash their hands in the operatory before being seated.
- Every patient does a pre-procedural rinse with a disinfectant to minimize microbes in the aerosols during dental procedures
- We are respecting social distancing by limiting the number of patients in the office at the same time
- We are limiting access to only allow patients with a scheduled appointment to enter the building, unless they are a minor or someone needing a caregiver
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines or coffee bar. We have done this to limit touchable surface areas where cross-contamination can occur.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
We are also taking extra precautionary measures behind the scenes with our staff. For example:
- Throughout the day we are disinfecting all touchable surfaces (tables, chair arms, door handles, light switches and anything else with which anyone can come into contact) with CDC recommended surface cleaners.
- Documenting team members Temperature daily and sending anyone with a temperature above 100.4 degrees home
- Prescreening all team members and asking anyone who is experiencing symptoms of or caring for a family member with Covid-19 to stay home
- We have ample supply of recommended Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including: gloves, masks, face shields, head covers, and lab coats for daily use
- Frequent hand washing, starting immediately upon entering the office and after every patient interaction
- Respecting social distancing among Team Members
- Using a Vector Low Volume Fogger to purify the Air in the Entire office every day ( to kill virus, including Covid-19)
- Reviewing and integrating science-based recommendations from Industry Leaders ( CDC and American Dental Association) to keep up with changing Infection Control guidelines
- Training and drilling our upgraded infection control protocols so everyone can be on the same page as far as your safety and ours.
We welcome and will be happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take daily to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 863-688-9001 or visit our website at www.mymidtowndental.com .
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to seeing you soon.
William Nerestant, DDS