We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
As it relates to the current COVID-19 Pandemic, our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We have upgraded our already strict infection control to make sure we leave nothing to chance as it relates to your safety and the safety of our team members
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office
- We are taking every patients temperature upon arrival and before entering the building
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also be asked to wash your hands in the operatory before being seated.
- Our office will provide disposable shoe covers upon entry of the building
- We are respecting social distancing by limiting the number of patients in the office at the same time
- We are limiting access to only allow patients with a scheduled appointment to enter the building, unless they are a minor or someone needing a caregiver
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines or coffee bar. We have done this to limit touchable surface areas where cross-contamination can occur.
- Throughout the day we are disinfecting all touchable surfaces (tables, chair arms, door handles, light switches and anything else with which anyone can come into contact) with CDC recommended surface cleaners.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
We are also taking extra precautionary measures behind the scenes with our staff. For example
- Prescreening all team members and sending home any staff that is experiencing symptoms
- Taking temperatures daily upon arrival and sending any team member home if their temperature is above 100.4°F
- We have ample supply of recommended Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including: gloves, masks, face shields, head covers, shoe covers, and lab coats
- Frequent hand washing after every patient
- Reviewing and upgrading our already strict infection control guidelines to exceed CDC recommendations
- Training and drilling our upgraded infection control protocols so everyone can be on the same page as far as your safety and ours.
We are happy to announce that we are Reopening our office, starting May 11, 2020. We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 863-688-9001 or visit our website at www.mymidtowndental.com .
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
William Nerestant, DDS